[MPlayer-users] Question about crop, scale, aspect ratio, multiple of 16

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Fri Dec 17 10:50:12 CET 2004

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 20:48:26 +0100
nick <nick.rienties at home.nl> wrote:

> Is it a problem that 428 is not a multiple of 16?

Your final dimentions, before encoding, need to be multiples of 16...
You can use any values for crop, if you are planning on scaling (or
expanding, or whatever) to dimentions that are multiples of
16, afterwards.

> Since Mplayer automatically adjusts the scaled resolutions accoring to
> the aspect ratio?

It will not use the DVD aspect-ratio for much of anything when you are
encoding, only when you are playing directly from the DVD.

> Should I when scaling try to keep as close to 2.35:1 as possible, or
> can I just use autoaspect in the chain to fix the aspect ratio?

If you make your