[MPlayer-users] Sound Error

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Thu Dec 16 20:06:58 CET 2004

Jose Sanchez wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have just to install mplayer in SuSE 9.2.
>
> I can see DVD, but the sound don't work.
>
> Mplayer give me the next message: " Couldn't find matching filter/ao
> format!"
>
> I am using gmplayer.
>
> Can anyone help me?

In order to potentially help you, we need at minimum the *exact* command
line you used (and/or, alternatively because you're using GMPlayer, the
exact state of your configuration options) and the *exact* text output
by the player - copy-and-paste in both cases, not retyped, and with
nothing snipped out.

What the problem sounds like, from the virtually nil information you've
provided, is that you have specified to use either an audio-out method
or an audio filter which was not compiled in to your copy of MPlayer.
Without knowing exactly what command you used, however, I can't easily
help you too much further.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.