[MPlayer-users] KiSS player

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Tue Dec 14 23:49:33 CET 2004

On Tue, Dec 14, 2004 at 05:04:35PM +0100, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> On Tuesday, 14 December 2004 at 11:15, Richard Gold wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I am thinking of getting a KiSS player, but I was put off due to the
> > GPL issues earlier in the year. I can't seem to find any news as to
> > whether or not these issues were successfully resolved. I have mailed
> > KiSS and they have said that there are no current problems. Does
> > anyone on the list have any information as to the current status of
> > these violations?
>
> See mplayer-legal archives. The issue has not been resolved yet, but
> there are some talks in progress even now.

This list is private, so you'll have a hard time finding the archives.
For the time being I'll say this: the issue is not resolved, but we're
actively working on it. I would ask you to hold off just a little on
buying a player until there's more news available.

(Diego, can you comment on this at all??)

Rich