[MPlayer-users] Ive fixed the FLAC code, now what?

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Tue Dec 14 19:26:01 CET 2004

Hi,
> Ive spent the last couple of hours fixing the libavcodec FLAC problems with
> large metadata segments.
> The fixed code still has a few small faults, but no where near a many as the
> original code.
>
> Now, ive never tried to submit code before, or even know how to make a
> patch/diff file.
>
> Can someone talk me through what i need to do get the changes into libavcodec?

patches for libavcodec must go to the ffmpeg list. If you use cvs, the
way to get a patch is doing "cvs -z6 diff -u" in the libavcodec dir (or
if you have ffmpeg CVS, from the ffmpeg directory). That will output the
patch stdout, so you will have to redirect it of course if you want to
have it in a file ;-).

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger