[MPlayer-users] No sound in quicktime videos

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sat Dec 11 13:19:11 CET 2004

Hi,
> I'm using today's cvs, essential codec package and qt 6.5 dlls in
> /usr/local/lib/codecs. When playing quichtime video, I get this:
> Forced audio codec: ffmp2
> Forced audio codec: ffmp3
> Opening audio decoder: [qtaudio] QuickTime Audio Decoder
> Win32 LoadLibrary failed to load: qtmlClient.dll,
> /usr/local/lib/codecs/qtmlClient.dll, /usr/lib/win32/qtmlClient.dll,
> /usr/local/lib/win32/qtmlClient.dll
> failed loading dll
> ADecoder preinit failed :(
> ADecoder init failed :(
> Cannot find codec for audio format 0x324D4451.
>
> I do not understand the problem, as the mentioned file is present in
> /usr/local/lib/codecs. What am I doing wrong?

Give the full -v output of MPlayer. Also check that you have the right
version of that dll and not a different version around somewhere.
The md5sum of my version is:
ac1ddd96ed216be4358316510545d4b8  qtmlClient.dll
but the current codec pack might include a newer version.

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger