[MPlayer-users] Re: [-] noise reduction

Osmany Guirola Cruz osmany.guirola at cigb.edu.cu
Fri Dec 10 15:18:18 CET 2004

D Richard Felker III wrote:

 >"vhq" is not really "very high quality", it's more about "medium quality".
 >Read "man mplayer".technically it means Video option: High Quality. :)
 >but yes, it's superceded by mbd=2, which should be better in most cases.

I read the man page and read about vhq  and now i am using mbd=2 :-) but
in my
PC Monitor i can see the diference :-( i have to wait  for see it in my
dvd player at home..
I think that i should change things like vqscale vqmax and others
relative to quantization
but the man page don't say me to much  ... What changes should i do  or
the defaut values are well

Thanks