[MPlayer-users] Bug in ASF codec ?

7070 at free.fr 7070 at free.fr
Thu Dec 9 17:32:42 CET 2004

Hello, Reimar.

Selon Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de>:

> > With mplayer/Linux I can't play this stream at its fullest speed
> > (141kbps):
> >    http://wms1.earthcam.com/times
[...]
> In theory the bandwidth option is there to set this, but it does not work. If
> I knew how a player chooses the stream I might be able to fix it. Any
> hints? What are those "stream-switch-count" things?

To be more precise, the switch is "stream-switch-entry". It tells the server
which stream to send. For more info about how it works, read this:

http://www1.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-dev-eng/2002-April/007265.html

There is only one file in the source code that works on this, this is the asf
codec file, but I don't remember its name. A simple find|grep with
"switch-entry" should find the file.

About the "-bandwidth" option, it seems to only work for setting an upper limit,
but not a lower.