[MPlayer-users] Is there a program that can multiplex theencoded mpeg2 file into VOB(suitable for dvdauthor) in one go?

VJ vj at vijaygill.homelinux.net
Sun Dec 5 16:35:32 CET 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "RC" <rcooley at spamcop.net>
To: "MPlayer usage questions, feature requests, bug reports"
<mplayer-users at mplayerhq.hu>
Sent: Sunday, December 05, 2004 3:28 PM
Subject: Re: [MPlayer-users] Is there a program that can multiplex
theencoded mpeg2 file into VOB(suitable for dvdauthor) in one go?

> On Sun, 5 Dec 2004 13:32:15 -0000
> "VJ" <vj at vijaygill.homelinux.net> wrote:
>
>> Currently I am using mpgcut to demux and then mplex to mux my encoded
>> files so that they may be used by dvdauthor.
>
> Well, you can take mpgcut out of the process.  MPlayer is able to demux
> video/audio from MPEG files just fine, and it only needs a very simple
> patch to demux AVI files properly (attached).
>
>>  I could not apply that patch to the latest CVS and I am
>> still stuck with the solution that I have now.
>
> I just got the latest CVS sources, and the patch applies just fine.
> What problem are you having with it?

Hi,
    I think I did not explain my requirement properly. It is as following
I encode my recordings (from MythTV) using mencoder + KDVD matrix to get
.mpg files. These .mpg files are not accepted by dvdauthor directly because
they are not DVD compliant. Then I have to demux and remux them using mplex
(mplex -f 8 does that) and that maked dvdauthor happy. I want that mencoder
can be used to not only encode to mpeg2 but also save the final file in a
format that can be used by dvdauthor straightaway.
   I may be a bit slow to understand your patch, what does it do?

Regards from
VJ