[MPlayer-users] -vf pullup with -vo jpeg

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Sun Dec 5 02:44:32 CET 2004

On Sat, Dec 04, 2004 at 01:52:01PM -0800, RC wrote:
> On Sat, 4 Dec 2004 15:05:45 -0500
> D Richard Felker III <dalias at aerifal.cx> wrote:
>
> > hmm, is vo_jpeg stupid about what input formats it wants?
>
> It's RGB24-only.  I'd say the real problem is that mplayer isn't
> very smart about where it inserts scale into the vf chain.

that's one problem, but converting to rgb for jpeg saving is nothing
short of COMPLETELY IDIOTIC!

it will ruin video in the interlaced case (because of chroma sampling
issues) and just generally hurt quality a lot, converting back and
forth between yuv and rgb.

(in case you didn't know, jpeg is a yuv format!)

rich