[MPlayer-users] cygwin mplayer -dumpstream = no audio?

Ulrich Schweitzer us- at gmx.de
Fri Dec 3 20:22:44 CET 2004

On Friday 03 December 2004 19:23, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:

> VOB is MPEG. MPEG-2, actually.

That's not exactly true. Vob does contain mpeg2 but the file format is not
the same. It can't be because there can be a lot more stuff inside a vob
than there can be in an mpeg (multiple audio, subtitles, etc.). Basically
vob is mpeg with additional streams.

> > If yes, try to remux to real mpg:
> > mencoder dvd://3 -chapter 10-10 -of mpeg -aid 0x80 -ovc copy -oac
> > copy -o test.mpg
>
> This is wrong. There's no need to remux, and current MPEG muxer is
> somewhat buggy.

Remuxing will get rid of the additional stream that might (or might not)
be confusing the player. As a side effect this will save some space. I
have used mplayers mpeg muxer several times and didn't encounter any
bugs. I'd say it is at least worth a try.

Ulrich
--
PGP key ID: 0xDF6FC4FA

"A mouse is a device used to select the xterm you want to type in."
Author unknown