[MPlayer-users] encode2mpeg 0.3.1 possible bug but encoding OK

Giacomo Comes comes at naic.edu
Thu Dec 2 18:33:20 CET 2004

On Thu, Dec 02, 2004 at 04:49:43PM +0100, Nico Sabbi wrote:

> >>it's already possible and working

> >>to say the truth it has no proriority at the moment :)
> >>

> >Nico,
> >I have other requests/suggestions for your new
> >muxer. Please see what you can do :-).
> >
> >1) add the possibility to set the "pulldown" flag
> >like the -p option of mpeg2enc
> >

> NTSC content is giving me a lot of problems. Can you please explain in
> depth or provide a  link  how on pulldown works ?

In this page pulldown is explained very well.
	http://raph.levien.com/pulldown.html
>From there you should find other intresting links too.

> >2) add the possibility to split the final mpeg
> >stream at a specified value. Usually 700Mb or 800Mb.
> >This is not required for DVD stream, but it is
> >necessary vor SVCD/VCD
> >

> ok
>
> >3) Currently is not possible to set for the mpegs
> >the aspect ratio 1:1 if the video has resolution 720x480
> >In this case an aspect of 4/3 is set
> >(this is more a bug of the current code than a new feature
> >for your new muxer)
> >

> -mpegopts ...:vaspect=1/1:...

Do you mean -lavcopts ...:aspect=1/1:...?
In that case it's exactly what I'm complaining about.
If and only if the video is 720x480 then the aspect is set at 4/3
even if I specify 1/1 on the command line. Check it.
If the resolution is 720x576 or other standard mpeg resolutions
the aspect is set correctly
(remember I'm talking about aspect=1/1)

Giacomo