[MPlayer-users] mplayerplug-in problem with streaming

Bob Ambrosius bob at ambro.demon.nl
Thu Dec 2 08:04:42 CET 2004

Hi,
I have a problem playing video streams (I've tried .asf and .qt files). The
streams start sound and video all right, but ' stutters' or 'shocks' its way
through the stream. So it does't really stream right. I can enlarge the
buffer in the plugin conf file, and then the first part streams fine, but
after the buffer is used, the stuttering starts again. I have no problem
playing DVD's, which I think is weird.

The funny thing is that right after installing it worked fine. And yesterday I
compiled some programs (e.g. gstreamer-plugin) and mplayerplug-in worked
normally! But after a restart I had my problems again.

I never have this problem with realplayer 10, but I'd rather use mplayer.

I'm sure it is some config setting, but I cannot find it. I've seached the
mailing list for others having this problem, but I don't now the right search
criteria.

I'm using mplayerplug-in-2.70-2.1.fc3.rf on a AMD64 in Fedora core 3 with als
much x86_64 programs as possible. Kernel 2.6.9-1.667

Can somebody advise me?