[MPlayer-users] playlist for a DVD

Carl Karsten carl at personnelware.com
Wed Dec 1 20:02:31 CET 2004

To make playing movies in my mPlayer TV box easy, I am putting index.m3u
on each disk.  It basically looks like this:

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:6136,My Nifty Movie
myniftymovie.avi

liric is set to run mplayer -playlist /mnt/auto/cdrom/index.m3u

great.  Hmm, not so great.  What do I do for DVD's?

My best guess was this:

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:6136,My Nifty Movie
./VIDEO_TS/

But that didn't work, nor anything else I could think of.

I "could" just put a script on the disk, but I am trying to develop
something somewhat standard.  much like the other standards I have
found.  cuz we can never have too many standards for the same thing...
duh...

Carl K