[MPlayer-users] encode2mpeg 0.3.1 possible bug but encoding OK

Giacomo Comes comes at naic.edu
Wed Dec 1 19:33:53 CET 2004

On Wed, Dec 01, 2004 at 11:27:13AM -0500, Erick Perez wrote:
> BTW, it took 3 and a half hours to transform an 800 mb xvid/ac3 PAL
> AVI into a compliant NTSC SVCD. I have a P4 2.4 ghz with 1 gb ram.
> using fedora core 2.
>
> why is so slow? or is this normal?

It's normal. The encoding time is not related to the original
file size, but to the final resolution and encoding options.

I suspect you have used Indirect Mode.
Keep in mind that Indirect Mode is much slower than Mpeg Mode.

I you show me the command line I can probably suggest you some
tricks to reduce the encoding time

Giacomo