[MPlayer-users] Re: video out on two screens

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Wed Dec 1 19:04:24 CET 2004

Hi,
> >  RD> Probably audio and video will be out of sync like this, in that case you
> >  RD> should have a look at the -ao pcm option and use -audiofile with one
> >  RD> of the mplayer instances that do the displaying.
> >
> > That's exactly what I've to do - be sure that audio and video will be in
> > sync in both instances.
>
> I didn't get that to work. The best I could manage was using -delay on
> the decoding mplayer instance to make it fit. I think this should be a
> working aproach as at least with -nocache the delay caused for the video by all this piping
> around should be almost constant.

I was wrong there. The problem was caused by something else. You must
use the -benchmark option to make the displaying mplayer instances play
as fast as possible (i.e. as fast as the controlling instance decodes).
This should maintain A-V sync enough for me, if not you can still use
the -delay option for minor adjustments.

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger