[MPlayer-users] NODAEMON a/v desync with latest mplayer cvs and lame using every possible version of lame

fs admin at www0.org
Mon Aug 30 08:51:13 CEST 2004

Ok, I may didn't use every lame version but these were 3.90 (didn't
compile because of a missing header, lame bug), 3.90.1, that
compiled but -oac'ing it with vbr=3:abr=128 had around half a second
desync with a commercial dvd stream.dump. that same dump didn't have
desyncs with -oac copy. didn't have desyncs with -aoc lavc either! (but
if I'm not mistaken lavc doesn't do VBR mp3, does it?). fast and preset
options dont't work with lame previous to 3.92. Using 3.92 with
vbr=3:abr=128 or the standard preset had again a desync to the final
divx. Finally, which is the first one I did was using vbr=3:abr=128 or
fast:preset=medium on the latest mplayer cvs with the latest lame cvs,
has again.. desync problems.

(the same desync appeared either directly to a divx movie or with
pass-encoding, which is my regular use)

It's true that I've read a lot messages about these problems. The thing
is, most of them talk about either using lame 3.90 or fixing the problem
later. I don't really want to fix the problem later because I don't
really trust me in hearing miliseconds but others may notice and I don't
care if it's lame 0.1 or an mplayer release. I want it to work.

I'll try a release mplayer since it's the only thing I can think right
now.

If you need any -v outputs let me know. I didn't notice anything weird
concerning lame but I can't be sure of everything (not familiar with
mplayer's messages).

-fs