[MPlayer-users] running with nvidia

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Sat Aug 28 23:01:36 CEST 2004

On Saturday, 28 August 2004 at 18:04, Olivier BATARD wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I'm a newbie with mplayer. I'm running mplayer 1.0pre5.
>
> When I play a file or a dvd with -vo xv, mplayer stop regularly and
> mplayer
> say that my system is too slow.
>
> My system : Debian sarge on Athlon XP 2600 512 Mo ram Geforce 4 ti
> 4200 with
> the last nvidia driver installed.

I've seen users complain in similar circumstances at linuxquestions.org.
Sadly not here, where we could help them diagnose the problem.

Anyway, my hardware is way slower than yours, though I have an nVidia
card, too (GF256) and I haven't experienced any such problems. I am,
however, using older NVdriver, namely 5328. Have you tried older releases?

> In the documentation, I've seen xvidix for nvidia, but It doesn't works
> (message : can't find vidix driver)

Works fine here, and with svgalib kernel helper, you don't even need to be
root.

R.

--
MPlayer RPMs maintainer: http://greysector.rangers.eu.org/mplayer/