: Re: : Re: [MPlayer-users] BUG: mencoder of pre5 crashes everytime

Martin Simmons vyslnqaaxytp at spammotel.com
Fri Aug 27 01:45:36 CEST 2004

  Stefan> Thanks, here you go.
  >>
  >> I'm still not sure what is happening here.  The latest crash displays the
  >> usually "good" register contents that fail to explain the SIGSEGV.  I will
  >> keep looking.
  >>
  >> Possibly your only hope for now is to reconfigure mplayer with --disable-mmx
  >> (or --disable-mmx2).  I've not tried that, but hopefully it will prevent
  >> sad16_y2_mmx2 from being called.
  >>
  >> __Martin
  >>

  Stefan> I'll try that, thank you.

  Stefan> Yesterday I recorded 2hrs from tv with a precompiled 1.0pre3 without
  Stefan> crash. Maybe you can tell from the differences between the versions
  Stefan> where the problem is located, though the precompiled maybe doesn't use
  Stefan> mmx2 code.

  Stefan> I can also download and test the 1.0pre4 or any other version if you
  Stefan> think it might help.

The low level mmx2 code in 1.0pre3 is the same as 1.0pre5, but the code around
it is slightly different (it looks functionally the same though).  1.0pre4 is
almost identical to 1.0pre5.

Given the slightly random nature of the crash, it is possible that 1.0pre3
doesn't trigger it.  Good to hear you had some success though!

__Martin