[MPlayer-users] XvMC problem

Jim Darby jim at jimbocorp.uklinux.net
Fri Aug 27 00:33:52 CEST 2004

On Thu, 2004-08-26 at 01:53, Ivan Kalvachev wrote:
> So. Now I need the output of `xvinfo`

No problem, I've attached it anlong with the output of xdpyinfo.

> Thanks to the help of Alex (beastd) the error was tracked
> to XvGetPortAttribute in vo_xvmc.c::230

My thanks to everyone working on this (and indeed to all those working
on mplayer in general).

> But looking at your output, it looks like there is something strange.
> You doesn't run video of adapter 0, that is overlay. It runs on
> adapter 1. And this is the first time I see XvMC on no-overlay adapter.
>
> Just to be sure I ignored adapter #0, and run XvMC acceleration.
> No XvMC on any of my other adapters available...
>
> So what are you doing?

What may be a clue is that I'm running dual display using xinerama. I
have one screen as the real display and the other is the TV output.

I'm trying to display the XvMC output on the computer monitor.

Once again, many thanks to everyone for their kind help in getting this
to work.
--
Jim Darby <jim at jimbocorp.uklinux.net>
The Jimbo Corporation