[MPlayer-users] bug found

Stefano Stabellini kaball at libero.it
Wed Aug 25 20:06:04 CEST 2004

I noticed that mplayer has some problems with lirc on my box.
I have a simple IR receiver on COM1 that lirc manages perfectly, but
sometimes mplayer after some minutes that I don't you use the remote
control starts to completely ignore all the commands I send through it.
Only restarting mplayer I can continue to use my remote control, and so on.
I made a lot of tries but I didn't understand what causes the problem so
I sent this mail here because I think the more probable cause is mplayer.
I tried with 640x480 and 800x600 resolutions and I found that with
640x480 sometimes I can watch a whole movie without any problems instead
with 800x600 never.
The resolutions I use are low because I watch movies on tv using the tv
out of a Voodoo3 card.
Thank you for all your work on this great piece of code.

Stefano Stabellini