[MPlayer-users] Re: Transport stream playback is choppy

Alexis Huxley ahuxley at gmx.net
Mon Aug 23 19:59:00 CEST 2004

> It seems that with the latest CVS that transport stream playback is
> choppy. There are no error messages being printed to the screen, and
> there aren't any background tasks hogging the CPU (xine doesn't seem to
> have a problem with these streams).
> Does anyone else have this problem? Playback of normal material seems ok...

I don't know about the CVS version; I'm using marillat's .deb's, but
I can confirm choppy streams but file playback is fine; try listening
to the BBC live stream (rtsp) with:

	mplayer -cache 100 `lynx -dump http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/realplayer/media/fmg2.rpm

and it will play fine for about half any hour and then go 'choppy';
by choppy I mean it sounds like somebody has taken a tape, chopped it
up into 1 inch pieces and then moved each piece randomly one or two
positions in either direction! Is that what you mean by 'choppy' too?

Alexis