[MPlayer-users] -audiofile ogg problem

H du Plooy hdp at webmail.co.za
Mon Aug 23 00:13:24 CEST 2004

Hello all,

I'm trying to copy an ogg file for sound in an avi file.  I keep missing
something.  I did:

mplayer Shrek2.vob -vc dummy -vo null -hardframedrop -ao pcm -aofile
audio.wav

oggenc -q6 audio.wav -o sound.ogg

encoder Shrek2.vob -oac copy -audiofile sound.ogg -ovc lavc -endpos 60-o
out.avi

When I playbac out.avi (just a sample to check that everything works), I
het this:

Playing out.avi.
AVI file format detected.
VIDEO:  [DIVX]  544x400  24bpp  29.970 fps  537.0 kbps (65.6 kbyte/s)
AVI Ogg : Initial audio header is too small !!!!!
Clip info:
 Software: MEncoder 1.0pre5-3.3.3
Opening audio decoder: [libvorbis] Ogg/Vorbis audio decoder
OggVorbis: initial (identification) header broken!
ADecoder init failed :(
ADecoder init failed :(
Cannot find codec for audio format 0xFFFE.
Read DOCS/HTML/en/codecs.html!

codecs.html doesn't say anything about ogg other than mplayer supporting
it, and the manpage didn't give me much to go on either.  What am I missing?

If I do mplayer Shrek2.vob -audiofile sound.ogg - the sound is fine but
the video runs at about twice the speed.  Any hints would be appreciated.

Thanks
Hans