[MPlayer-users] mencoder changing fps and keeping audio/video sync

james rowlett james.rowlett at ntlworld.com
Fri Aug 20 21:35:49 CEST 2004

Hi,
I am trying to convert an mpeg file I have to an mpeg-2 file, so that
I may burn it and watch it on my dvd player.
The problem I have is that I need the fps for the file I create to be
25 fps.
The source file is 23.976 fps. The video and audio sync is fine in the source file.
I use lavc mpeg2video encoder for video.
I can specify -ofps 25. And it plays. But the video is then faster
than the audio.
I want a way to change to 25 fps but keep the sync. i.e. just a duplicate
every video frame so often.
Have tried using filmdint, but no luck.

any ideas would be much appreciated.