[MPlayer-users] mplayer video output to pipe/mmap

Andreas Schiffler aschiffler at appwares.com
Wed Aug 18 19:34:07 CEST 2004

Hi,

I'd like to send a decoded video stream as YUV or RGB via a pipe  into a
different program. mplayer should still handle audio output as before.

I am thinking of a protocol such as the Netscape-Multipart streams with
boundaries between frames. Or some mmap'ed region similar to af-export
could be used.

Is there a output plugin that can do that? Maybe yuv4mpeg (documentation
sais it can only write to a file)? How would I write such a output
plugin?

Best regards
Andreas