[MPlayer-users] Dealing with dropped packets

Chhaya, Harshal hchhaya at ti.com
Fri Aug 13 00:03:16 CEST 2004

I got caught-up in other more urgent stuff and so couldn't
try out rcooley's suggestions till today. The results are
below.

rcooley wrote:
> "Chhaya, Harshal" wrote:
>
> > How do I enable sdl support under WinXP?
>
> Hmm.  You probably can't under Windows.

Oh, OK. Looks like I will have to solve this problem some
other way then.

> > This may be irrelevant to my problem but I expected '-ao null'
> > to act like '-nosound' but instead it acted like there was a
> > real audio output i.e. the video stuttered and mplayer showed
> > me the error messages.
>
> That's very interesting, actually.  It could be the the audio
> codec you
> are playing back with is buggy, and it might not be your soundcard.
>
> I'm not sure what codec you are using, but using "-ac" try changing it
> to something else that's equivalent.   For instance, if you have mp2
> audio(most MPEG files), you could try -ac ffmp2 or -ac mp3 .
>
> Look at the output of MPlayer to see which codec it's using, and use
> "-ac help" to find alternative codecs to try.

"-ac mp3" and "-ac ffmp2" don't help at all. They both have the same
behavior as before.

I tried "-ac mp3acm" and "-ac ffmp3" and in both cases, I get:

==
Forced audio codec: mp3acm (or ffmp3)
Cannot find codec for audio format 0x50.
Read DOCS/HTML/en/codecs.html!
==

The only other thing I can think of is to change the sound card. I will
do that tomorrow and let you know if that helped.

Thanks again for all your help.

- Harshal