[MPlayer-users] libmpeg2-v0.4.0 and -vf spp problem

Jan Knutar jknutar at nic.fi
Thu Aug 12 21:30:09 CEST 2004

On Thursday 12 August 2004 21:06, Bohdan Horst wrote:

> anyone else notice problems (blurry and blocky) with libmpeg2-v0.4.0 +
> -vf spp ?

The new one doesnt even display B frames for me, at that point I abandoned
my plans at attempting proper benchmarking of the 3 alternatives, let alone
trying to plug in filters :-)

> p.s. maybe -vfm ffmpeg should be default mpeg12 decoder ? it is also
> MUCH faster than libmpeg2-v0.4.0 ...

Faster in all cases with gcc 3.4 for me, and real vo. In some cases, I've seen
ffmpeg beat old libmpeg2 too, but this seems more rare. Havent done tests with
gcc2.95.3 yet, though.