[MPlayer-users] Maybe a BUG?

Pablo Morales pablo.morales at abitab.com.uy
Thu Aug 12 20:51:17 CEST 2004

HI there Guys.

I'll like to share an experience with you :)

At the moment I'm stuck with pre3, cause with pre4 and pre5 I have the
following behavior.
If I encode a file, let say a 1.4G file, and then I try to split it with
mencoder or avifile, I can't, for example with avifile it splits the first
chunk, 700MB for example, then, begins with the second chunk anf stops in
about 240MB, butr no more than than 300MB

NO Matters what I use to split, " split, mencoder* avifile", the same thing
happens.
I'm not subscribed to the developers list, so If someone in here wants to
try that, maybe will see what I'm talinkg about.

If I play the video, there is no error in the console, the problem is when
you split it., I do not remember what error gave me in that momnt, sorry, I
just remember that mentioned something about  keyframes. Anyway, I'll try to
compile pre5 tonight and try to reproduce it.

Thanx you, and sorry if I bodered you