[MPlayer-users] How to *FIX* broken divx/xvid avi files ?!?

jarek darnowski skyridee at wp.pl
Wed Aug 11 13:58:56 CEST 2004

Hello everybody!
i have some broken avi files in my collection and i believe,
that there is a way to fix them.

firstly i scan the file with command:
mplayer -vo null -benchmark -nosound -nocache plik_video.avi

after a while i get this message, which confirms my opinnion
about broken file..

[...cut here...]
Starting playback...
VDec: vo config request - 640 x 352 (preferred csp: Planar YV12)
VDec: using Planar YV12 as output csp (no 0)
Movie-Aspect is 1,82:1 - prescaling to correct movie aspect.
VO: [null] 640x352 => 640x352 Planar YV12
[mpeg4 @ 0x84b1e00]slice end not reached but screenspace end
(1627 left 63731B, score= -48919)
[mpeg4 @ 0x84b1e00]concealing 2147483647 errors
[mpeg4 @ 0x84b1e00]slice end not reached but screenspace end
(260 left D3B5B5, score= -48919)
[mpeg4 @ 0x84b1e00]concealing 2147483647 errors
[mpeg4 @ 0x84b1e00]slice end not reached but screenspace end
(208 left B5B54E, score= -48919)
[mpeg4 @ 0x84b1e00]concealing 2147483647 errors
V:1984,0 49600 10% 0% 0,0% 0 0 0%
[...cut here...]

...i know that *error* exist in video stream just few seconds
before 1984 sec. of video, and it's propably localized at 10% of
video time (not size, because of VBR, additional index, headers
etc.).
...my questiton: How can i find out exactly in which part of
video file is this error ? (i mean fe. begins 345673 byte and
ends at 356534 byte). is it possible to find out this location
in bytes ?

knowing ecactly location of the buggy data in avi file i could
do this..
- split avi for a chunks just a few kilobytes less then detected
error.
- resume downloading file to the first chunk.
- after few kilo/megabytes downloaded i should combine these
files together and finally i can get a 100% error free avi file.

...so.. how to find out at which byte the error begins at broken
avi ?!?

"Sopot Molo Jazz Festival 2004"
Elegancja i elitarność jazzu dostępna dla wszystkich!
http://klik.wp.pl/?adr=http%3A%2F%2Fmuzyka.wp.pl%2Fimprezy.html%3Fidn%3D959&sid=223