[MPlayer-users] mplayer rebuilds index of avi created with mencoder, even after using mencoder to rebuild index.

rcooley rcooley at spamcop.net
Tue Aug 10 06:05:35 CEST 2004

On Sun, 08 Aug 2004 07:29:39 -0700
Farrell Farahbod <upgrdman at mindspring.com> wrote:

> I'm using MPlayer/MEncoder 1.0pre4-3.3.3, which is the version Gentoo
> seems to have currently marked as stable. Is this a known bug with
> this version? I know there are newer versions, and even CVS, but is
> there any other way to resolve this problem, or is upgrading to the
> newer versions my best bet?

You can use the same version if you like, just don't install mplayer
from Gentoo portage.  The ebuild applies a few of it's own patches,
and there's no way of knowing what effect they might have.

If you're having problems with a gentoo ebuild, report it on the gentoo
mailing lists.  If you want help here, you need to compile from the
official source packages, or install the official RPMs.