[MPlayer-users] Fw: Subtitles Positioning - NOVIRUS

JiHO jo.irisson at noos.fr
Fri Aug 6 18:39:47 CEST 2004

Fabio Papa wrote:
>>> Yesterday a saw a mail from a user in this list that posted an image
>>> showing the subtitles positioned at the bottom o the
>>> screen/picture, I'd like to know how he did it.
>>> I extracted the subtitles in MPSub format, I extrcted the two files .idx
>> and
>>> .sub I was playing with the -vobsub  and -subpos but cannot place the
>>> subtitles bellow of  the the picture. Someone told that -vf expand does
>> that
>>> trick, I could not figure it out how to do that, sorry.

> Take a look at -vf expand. There's also a clear example in the docs.

it will be possible with vf expand indeed but only for srt or other text
based subtitle format. with .idx and .sub (image based subtitle format)
the position fixed and can't be changed with MPlayer's subtitles
position shortcut. It could be placed in the black bands by expanding
them a lot but then the font of the subtitle will be expanded too which
is not really good.
your solution is to convert your .idx and .sub to srt and then to use
-vf expand. there are somme tools for that. check subrip.c in the TOOLS
section of mplayer's code.
--
JiHO
---