[MPlayer-users] Problem playing AVI files created by Matlab?

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Fri Aug 6 16:40:55 CEST 2004

I'm receiving the following error when attempting to play an AVI file
which I believe was created by Matlab.  (A user has given it to me and
I don't have full details of its creation yet.)

Playing 2d.headon.sigma.1.avi.
AVI file format detected.
AVI_NI: No audio stream found -> no sound.
Seek failed
AVI: Missing video stream!? Contact the author, it may be a bug :(

I'm running 1.0pre5 on FC2 using Axel Thimm's package:
mplayer-1.0-35_pre5.rhfc2.at

Windows plays the file fine; the only information it provides in its
property dialog is that the video is "Uncompressed".  The file
compresses very well with bzip2 so that's probably correct.

I did an archive search and found what seems to be the same problem
reported a year ago, but the reporter wouldn't supply an example.
Hopefully this will suffice:
http://www.math.uh.edu/~tibbs/2d.headon.sigma.1.avi.bz2

Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help.
--
  Jason L Tibbitts III - tibbs at math.uh.edu - 713/743-3486 - 660PGH - 94 PC800
       System Manager:  University of Houston Department of Mathematics