[MPlayer-users] Audio export

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Thu Aug 5 21:27:15 CEST 2004

Lorenzo Luengo wrote:

> I'd like to know how to use the export filter to export audio, I mean
>  "ripping" a wma file to some other audio format, (raw or wav) for
> ten encode it to mp3, I read the documentatiot but I did not
> understand how it works, because it just creates a small file with
> junk data ("memory mapping"?)(I couldn't read it as raw audio or wav
> or whatever). I think it would be useful to make mplayer to be able
> to write output to stdout

The reason MPlayer cannot currently output to stdout is that stdout is
presently used for printing some of that text you see in the console, so
the output stream would be corrupted by the extra data in the middle.
I'm (ostensibly) working on correcting that, but the job is unlikely to
be finished anytime soon.

You can, however, nonetheless output to raw PCM data (i.e. WAV format);
simply use -ao pcm as your audio output method, and tell MPlayer where
to dump the stream by using the -aofile option.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.