[MPlayer-users] Multiple Mplayers (videos and MP3s)?

Hendrik v. Beust hendrik at gmx.net
Thu Aug 5 11:38:46 CEST 2004

Hi,

I would be very gratefull if somebody could give me some feedback if the
following would work or not.

I need to play two videos (MPEG1, 352x288, 25fps, 1,15Mbit) and four
mp3s (128kbit/s, Stereo, 44,1khz) at the same time from one PC.

The PC is a P3-800 machine running NT4 with the latest servicepack. It
is equipped with 2 MPEG-Cards (type unknown, most likely some Sigma card
with Hollywood chipset) and a Terratec EWS88 MT Soundcard.

Is it possible to start 6 instances of mplayer, play individual
playlists for each player and select wich output each player should use?

Unfortunately I don't have the machine to test it.
Thanks everybody
Hendrik