[MPlayer-users] Dealing with dropped packets

rcooley rcooley at spamcop.net
Thu Aug 5 06:57:00 CEST 2004

On Wed, 4 Aug 2004 11:13:14 -0500
"Chhaya, Harshal" <hchhaya at ti.com> wrote:

> How do I enable sdl support under WinXP?

Hmm.  You probably can't under Windows.

> This may be irrelevant to my problem but I expected '-ao null'
> to act like '-nosound' but instead it acted like there was a
> real audio output i.e. the video stuttered and mplayer showed
> me the error messages.

That's very interesting, actually.  It could be the the audio codec you
are playing back with is buggy, and it might not be your soundcard.

I'm not sure what codec you are using, but using "-ac" try changing it
to something else that's equivalent.   For instance, if you have mp2
audio(most MPEG files), you could try -ac ffmp2 or -ac mp3 .

Look at the output of MPlayer to see which codec it's using, and use
"-ac help" to find alternative codecs to try.