[MPlayer-users] Re: Extracting image from a movie

King baggetun at netscape.net
Wed Aug 4 16:44:14 CEST 2004

>Stefan Sassenberg <stefan.sassenberg <at> gmx.de> writes:
>

> -frames 1
>
> Stefan

Combining the -ss and the -frames option seems to be wise.
But a strange thing happens, it seems like I always get a png image the opening
frame of the movie.

Withe command

mplayer levy.avi -ss 60 -vo png -nosound -frames 1

I get two images one of the opening frame and one from the frame
 starting at 60 seconds. (etc. If a try to make images of
two frames with '-frames 2' I get three images. One of the
 first frame + the two frames starting from 60 sec.)

I can't figure out why I get this first frame as a png image.

Thanks!
- King

media]$ mplayer levy.avi -ss 60 -vo png -nosound -frames 1
Playing levy.avi.
Cache fill:  9,08% (761856 bytes)    AVI file format detected.
AVI_NI: No audio stream found -> no sound.
VIDEO:  [DIVX]  640x480  24bpp  24,000 fps  788,7 kbps
Clip info:
 Software: MEncoder 1.0pre5-3.3.2
Opening video decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg's libavcodec codec family
Selected video codec: [ffodivx] vfm:ffmpeg (FFmpeg MPEG-4)
Audio: no sound
Starting playback...
VDec: vo config request - 640 x 480 (preferred csp: Planar YV12)
Could not find matching colorspace - retrying with -vf scale...
Opening video filter: [scale]
VDec: using Planar YV12 as output csp (no 0)
Movie-Aspect is 1,85:1 - prescaling to correct movie aspect.
SwScaler: using unscaled Planar YV12 -> BGR 24-bit special converter
VO: [png] 640x480 => 886x480 BGR 24-bit  [fs]
PNG Warning: compression level set to 0, compression disabled!
PNG Info: Use the -z <n> switch to set compression level from 0 to 9.
PNG Info: (0 = no compression, 1 = fastest, lowest - 9 best, slowest compression)
V:  60,6  1455   0%  0%  0,0% 0 0 2%

Exiting... (End of file)