[MPlayer-users] DVD playback: ILLEGAL REQUEST and could not opendevice

Russell Packer russell.packer at arnoldinteractive.com
Wed Aug 4 13:32:24 CEST 2004

scd1

Looks like /dev/sr0 and /dev/scd0 are identical. Well, in that they have
the same major(11) / minor (0) numbers. I tried it anyway; same result:
Xine works happily, mplayer doesn't.

Still the only thing I can find is mentions of loadfs of other people
with the same problem, but no fix. Apart from one guy (on this list) who
appeared to get things working but said simply "Got it working now.
Thanks". :(

I am using the 2.4.26 kernel, and mplayer 1.0pre5.