[MPlayer-users] 3GP video for mobile phones

Ave Wrigley ave.wrigley at itn.co.uk
Tue Aug 3 14:17:14 CEST 2004

I am trying to create video to be displayed on a mobile phone, and am
considering mencoder as an alternative to the current package I am using
(Packet Video) as it seems to support the codecs I am using, but is more
flexible. However, I need to generate a .3gp file instead of an .avi file.
Please forgive my ignorance - is this possible using mencoder? I noticed there
is a -of flag that supports avi and mpeg (MPEG-1). Is there any support for
creating 3GP format files?
--
Ave Wrigley, Head of Development, ITN New Media
200 Grays Inn Rd, Tel: +44-20-7430-4719
United Kingdom    mailto:ave.wrigley at itn.co.uk