[MPlayer-users] Problems with merging video & ac3 streams into avi

Sun Aug 1 11:25:47 CEST 2004

I have problems with merging ac3 stream into avi file. I have video-only
avi file. Originally, I had ffv1 + ac3 file, then I encoded ffv1 to
xvid, dumped stream from old file and now want to merge it with newer
file.

mplayer video-only.avi -audiofile stream.dump -mc 0 -audio-demuxer 20
-rawaudio format=0x2000

works great. The only strange thing is that I have either to set "a-v
delay" to 100ms after the first seeking, since mplayer displays
"ct: 0,000" after start of the playback, which changes to "ct: -0,100"
after any seek and stays this way till the end of the movie. No big
deal.

-mc 0 is essental, otherwise a-v sync breaks. With -mc 0, "A-V" field in
output displays constantly increasing number, it increases every few
seconds and reaches "-5500" at the end of the movie. It gives no
problems.

However, when trying to merge these streams using mencoder, problems
occur. The same command line produces file with messed up a-v sync.
It looks like mencoder has trouble with -audiofile -rawaudio
combination, because while encoding, it displays statistic

Pos: 74,9s  1797f ( 0%) 406fps Trem: 0min  0mb  A-V:0,000 [2585:1411]

The last number is obviously incorrect. In the end of the encoding, it
writes

Поток аудио (audio stream): 1411,200 кбит/с (176400 б/с)

However, generated avi has correct bitrate for audio stream (448 kbps)

Also, -mc 0 option doesn't seem to affect anything.

--

Vladimir