[MPlayer-users] problem with dga

Stephen Kell srk31 at cam.ac.uk
Sun Aug 1 00:24:29 CEST 2004

> im trying to use video driver dga with mplayer 1.0pre2... when i run
> mplayer with -vo dga i get sound but no video... the screen turns
> blank i can use it normally with xv and x11 drivers...
> im using debian 3.0r1 with xfree 4.1.x and 3dfx voodoo 4 4500 PCI card
> someone can help me?

Well, I can't help much, but I can tell you that I get the same problem
on my Voodoo 3 2000 (and using MPlayer up to 1.0pre4 -- not tried a more
recent version yet, as the card isn't with me right now, but I doubt
anything relevant's been changed). I'm not sure whether the problem lies
with mplayer or XFree86.

As I remember, using -vo sdl:dga does work. It's not very fast though --
not much better than xv, I think. I'm still yet to find a working vo
that'll play DVDs fullscreen on my Voodoo 3 card (on a 450MHz K6-3
machine). Let me know if anyone has any ideas.

Stephen