[MPlayer-users] Bad audio quality for mpeg 2

Stefan Frings stefan.frings at vodafone.de
Wed Apr 28 23:49:12 CEST 2004

I found interesting things out:

When I compile Mplayer with --disable-mp3lib, then the sound quality is
excellent. But now an error message appears when I open a video with mp3
audio:

In a popup-window: "Requested audio codec family [mp3] (afm=mp3lib) not
available. Enable it at compilation."

On console: Selected audio codec: [ffmp2] afm:ffmpeg (FFmpeg MPEG layer-1 and
layer-2 audio decoder)

The program uses now ffmp2 instead of mp3lib, so why do I get an error
message? Can I disable this error message? I prefer ffmp2 because its audio
quality is much better.

Transcode says:
[transcode] A: import format    | 0x50    MPEG layer-2 [44100,16,2]  128 kbps