[MPlayer-users] mplayer, kinoma, quicktime

Marius Schaefer/Camberg/ISBAC Marius.Schaefer at ISBAC.COM
Tue Apr 27 08:20:10 CEST 2004

Hi,

mplayer-users-bounces at mplayerhq.hu wrote on 26.04.2004 20:57:14:

> Here's my question. I'm trying to encode a video to export it to my
> palm. The exporting is done by Kinoma which takes (MPEG1, MPEG4 and
> Quicktime -- among others). Mencoder encodes beautifully but Kinoma
> doesn't understand any of the mpegs that mencoder creates.

If you want 'real' mpeg4 files, I think audio has to in AAC-Codec?
Maybe you should take a look at this guide I just found while trying to
stream moeg4...
http://www.linuxjournal.com/article.php?sid=6720&mode=thread&order=0

> I encode in MPlayer using the lavc codecs by choosing either mpeg4 or
> mpeg1video. I know mpeg4 creates divx files and I'm not sure whether
> that's what Kinoma expects. mpeg1video is not understood by Kinoma
either.

Also AFAIK mpeg4 is not = divx...

--
Marius Schäfer