[MPlayer-users] Re: Trouble playing video streams from pbs.org

Curtis Magyar cumagyar at mts.net
Sun Apr 25 22:17:33 CEST 2004

On Sun, 2004-04-25 at 19:13 +0000, adland wrote:
> tested
> 1- WM broadband
> mms stream
> plays okay
>
> 2- Real Broadband
> http smil playlist file
> contains references to a rtsp and pnm stream which are smil files
> both references fail playback
>
> 3- Quicktime
> playback fails with the error you mentioned.

Darn.  What I get is:

1- WM: The javascript window that pops up doesn't contain any video, its
just black, and I can't find a URL to a stream at all. :(  I'm guessing
its a proxy issue.

2- Real: Can't retrieve the smil playlist, mplayer and wget both say
"File not Found" from the server. :(  Probably another proxy issue

3- QT: Error.

I guess I'll keep trying proxy's until I find one that the WM stream can
traverse.  Thanks very much for the info.

--
Curtis