[MPlayer-users] mplayes win32 and Java

Sascha Sommer saschasommer at freenet.de
Fri Apr 23 19:29:39 CEST 2004

> Rich, thanks. I tried these two ways already:
>
> BufferedWriter bw = new
> //this
> BufferedWriter(newOutputStreamWriter(proc.getOutputStream()));
> //or this one
> OutputStreamWriter bw = new OutputStreamWriter(proc.getOutputStream());

Well, the problem with slavemode on windows is that the old code needed
select to work
which is not supported on windows. Therefore I changed it to use the
mp_input_win32_slave_cmd_func in osdep/getch2-win.c for mingw.
Unfortunatelly this seems to work only with the console. If you are using
the cygwin port try the mingw port and vice versa.
I have no idea how to get this working on windows 9x without threading. If
you have a sample app
that somewhat accepts commands from stdin and redirected stdin without
blocking just send it to me in private and I'll try to implement a similar
technique into mplayer.

Sascha