[MPlayer-users] GUI for mencoder?

Rainer Hantsch rainer at hantsch.co.at
Fri Apr 23 10:11:04 CEST 2004

Hello!

Until now I primarily use dvd::rip and transcode, because dvd::rip is a nice
GUI which makes life easier. Because of my permanent problems on my
laptop (I get black video, except I step through it in single-step with
mplayer, then it works), while mencoder produces good working DivX4 files,
I think more and more about changing to mencoder.
But I am missing a handy GUI, and it is really no fun to apply all options
manually in a shell. (scaling, clipping, ..., possibly inserting
subtitles,...)

Looking on your web-site, I still cannot see a GUI. -- Is there someone
planned or already available? Would be great when it comes from mplayerhq
directly, if possible together with mencoder, so that it is perfectly matching
all possibilities of the related mencoder.

mfg

  Ing. Rainer Hantsch