[MPlayer-users] converting real rm and ram to mpeg2

Nico Sabbi nsabbi at tiscali.it
Thu Apr 22 18:12:57 CEST 2004

Robin Cook wrote:
> Hello,
>
> It was suggested to me that I could use mplayer and mencoder to covert
> some real media (rm and ram) to mpeg2 that dvdauthor could use. But
> reading the documentation I have been able to find I can't seem to
> figure out how to accomplish that.  Can anyone point me to documentation
> on how to do this?
>
> Thanks
> CuZnDragon
> Robin Cook

with some command like this:

mencoder -of mpeg -o file.mpg -oac lavc -ovc lavc -lavcopts
mbd=2:vpass=1:vbitrate=xxx:vcodec=mpeg2video:acodec=ac3:abitrate=348
file.rm

dvb-mplex -o file.vob -t DVD file.mpg

Your question was answered many times and is documented in the manual
(man mplayer),
so please read it and search in the archive of this mailing list
to find more details and tune the parameters