[MPlayer-users] 2 pass encoding / encode sound twice?

Tomasz Bury ait at op.pl
Tue Apr 20 11:15:16 CEST 2004

D Richard Felker III wrote:

>The problem you'll get isn't A/V desync. The problem is that the 2pass
>stats will be WRONG, which will defeat the purpose of doing 2pass.

Could you explain this, please?

I was testing this some time ago. The log file created in the the 1-st
pass somehow depends on the sound, but I don't understand how. There are
VIDEO encoder statistisc in this log, it should depend on the video
encoder params but not on audio stream. The fact is the log depends on
audio so I'm clearly overlooking something...

gr,
Tomek