[MPlayer-users] probably my usual stupid question of the week

rcooley rcooley at spamcop.net
Mon Apr 19 10:14:45 CEST 2004

On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 01:18:04 -0400
D Richard Felker III <dalias at aerifal.cx> wrote:

> BTW, always make sure your crop offsets are even numbers. Odd offsets
> don't make sense. And for interlaced content, vertical crop offset
> needs to be a multiple of 4.

Well, that's pretty much the point of this patch.  I have a script that
executes mplayer using cropdetect to automatically determine how much to
crop.  I can't take a look at the numbers and sanitize them by hand.
Also, doing any math in a script isn't really plesant, which is why it's
a patch to mplayer.

Cropdetect needs some improvements, and this was the easiest way to make
it work.  Loosing 1% of the lines doesn't hurt as much as having to
spend several minutes, per video, to determine the perfect crop/scale
parameters.