[MPlayer-users] Mencoder and transparent subtitles, again

Eddie EddieS at softhome.net
Sun Apr 18 22:39:55 CEST 2004

Hello,

I am having a big problem encoding subtitles when I use mencoder to encode DVDs to Divx.
I have a bunch of Anime (a club thing, and not porn) that I am trying to copy off of the clubs DVDs onto CD-Rs. People
keep killing the DVDs.
I made a script that I can bulk encode vob files, 100 eps at a time, using the 3 pass encoding.
It video quality is great, but the subtitles are transparent.  Yes I copy off the IFO file from the DVD and it helps, but still
transparent.

What can I do to tweak this? If I copy off the vobsub then re-encode it, will I get better quality?
How about an OGM?
Can I tweak the source code? I don't know C, but I can sort of read it. Can someone tell me where to look?

Any other suggestions?
Thank you
Eddie