[MPlayer-users] probably my usual stupid question of the week

Jan Knutar jknutar at nic.fi
Fri Apr 16 17:09:51 CEST 2004

> Also patches mplayer.c to solve the problem of dumpstream adding
> extra bits, that makes mpeg video dumps from an AVI file unusable.

mpeg video dumps from mpeg streams (-of mpeg) are somewhat usable,
however, the mpeg muxer seems to have even more audio sync problems
than traditional mencoder, which makes it unusable for creating SVCD.

I always thought people wanting SVCD were strange freaks, anyway, until
I got a standalone dvd player that can do svcd... Somehow the lack of
fan noise is appealing as viewing experience :/

Anyway,  do you know if this patch makes mencoder created mpeg, mplayer
dumpstreamed video&audio from avi usable for svcd muxing with tcmplex,
or is that an entirely different can of worms?