[MPlayer-users] seeking in avi broken - odml bug?

Wed Apr 14 12:23:43 CEST 2004

I've got problems with MPlayer dev-CVS-040407-02:16-3.2.2 - seeking is
broken at least in one avi file. I never had problems with it, xine,
aviplay and older versions of mplayer play it great.

Seeking works only in first part (34%) of file, when getting beyond
that, it breaks totally - no seeking forward or backward, messed video
and timer, etc.

There is a new message when playing this file:
Index offset going backwards (last=040FDC04, now=040FD936), compensating...

AFAIR this was added with ODML code, and there is comment in
main/libmpdemux/aviheader.c "Fixup index for files >4GB"

I don't see ODML index in this file. The comment says "This file was
made by AviUtl 0.95j"

There is no way I'm uploading this 200mb file.. Maybe author of ODML
patch can fix this bug?

--

Vladimir